It is of major importance that all workers in the landscaping industry have an understanding of Health & Safety legislation that affects their working practices. Numerous Acts, Agreed Codes of Practice and Guidance Notes exist to ensure their safety, safety of work colleagues & members of the public. Failure to comply with legislation is a criminal offence that is punishable by law.
- The ROLO Health, Safety and Environmental Awareness Course is a pre-requisite for anyone applying for a LISS/CSCS skills card.
- Having an understanding of Health & Safety Legislation
- Be able to apply the legislation to their workplace
- Recognise site hazards they may encounter at work and the control measure that may prevent injury
- Understand the health hazards they may be exposed to at work
- Identify sources of other information
- Understand the impact of their work activities on the environment
- Duration: day (7 hours)
Sucessful candidates will receive a ROLO Health & Safety Awareness Course Certificate enabling them to apply for a ROLO skills card. The certificate also enables candidates who have passed their CSCS “touch screen” Health & Safety Test to apply for a LISS/CSCS Card.
Information regarding the LISS skills card scheme can be found on the BALI website:
LISS/CSCS Information: http://www.bali.org.uk/lisscscs
ROLO Course Information: https://www.bali.org.uk/lisscscs/rolo/
If you have a group, we can come to your premises, just give us a call on 01332 216640 Opt 02 / 07794 898276 and we can discuss your needs.