This qualification is ideal for those working with an agricultural or compact tractor.
This is a level 2 qualification
This qualification is ideal for those working with an agricultural or compact tractor. There is an optional unit that covers the use of a tractor fitted with a front-end loader.
You will be assessed on the following:
- Identify and explain function of all instruments and controls on the machine
- Carry out pre-use checks
- Demonstrate knowledge of potential hazards and the correct procedure/precautions to be observed when driving with heavily loaded trailers and implements
- Mount vehicle, carry out safety checks and start engine
- Demonstrate knowledge of the use of a tractor on or near the public highway or other areas to which the public has access
- Hitch tractor to trailer and connect hydraulic coupling(s)
- Drive tractor and trailer around a designated course as outlined by the assessor, to include negotiating corners, gear changing and reversing in a confined space
- Tip trailer, uncouple and park tractor safely
- Attach a three-point linkage implement to the tractor, observing safe practice at all times
- Attach a PTO driven machine to the tractor and fit PTO shaft
- Demonstrate knowledge of factors to consider when using PTO shaft
Two or three days training with assessments depending on previous experience.
Got a question about this training course?
For more information please email us on email@example.com or call 01332 216640 Opt 02 / 07794 898276.
To keep our prices as low as possible this course operates on a supply and demand basis. We operate a waiting list and when we have enough candidates for a course, dates are set. We can give you a quote on providing a course with less candidates.
For more information and to view the qualification overview
Please visit the City & Guilds NPTC website here.