This qualification is ideal for those working with an agricultural or compact tractor.
This is a level 2 qualification
This qualification is ideal for those working with an agricultural or compact tractor. Candidates can base the assessment on tractor driving or tractor driving with loader.
You will be assessed on the following:
- Identify and explain function of all instruments and controls on the machine
- Carry out pre-use checks
- Demonstrate knowledge of potential hazards and the correct procedure/precautions to be observed when driving with heavily loaded trailers and implements
- Mount vehicle, carry out safety checks and start engine
- Demonstrate knowledge of the use of a tractor on or near the public highway or other areas to which the public has access
- Hitch tractor to trailer and connect hydraulic coupling(s)
- Drive tractor and trailer around a designated course as outlined by the assessor, to include negotiating corners, gear changing and reversing in a confined space
- Tip trailer, uncouple and park tractor safely
- Attach a three-point linkage implement to the tractor, observing safe practice at all times
- Attach a PTO driven machine to the tractor and fit PTO shaft
- Demonstrate knowledge of factors to consider when using PTO shaft
One or two days training depending on candidates previous experience followed by one day of individual assessments.
Got a question about this training course?
For more information please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01332 216640 Opt 02
To keep our prices as low as possible this course operates on a supply and demand basis. We operate a waiting list and when we have enough candidates for a course, dates are set. We can give you a quote on providing a course with less candidates.